Skip to main content

Burn Permit Infor

Burn Permits are available online only visit

Burn Permits

Where to get a burn permit
Burn permits are usually required from May 1st to the end of the fire season. However, some years the Lassen-Modoc CAL FIRE Unit requires them earlier.
Permits are available online

Burn day status
Year-round you are required to see if it is a permissible burn day before you burn
Visit this website: or call:
Eastern Sierra County: (530) 994-3561
Portola: (530) 832-4528
Quincy: (530) 283-3602
Greenville: (530) 284-6520
Chester: (530) 258-2588
Campfire Permits
You must have a California Campfire Permit to use a stove, lantern, or campfire outside a developed campground or recreation area. The permit is your agreement to follow the campfire restrictions and regulations in effect. Permits are available free of charge at offices of the US Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, and the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection.
Permits are also available online at

Please call or visit air quality to ensure it is a permissive burn day - 530-258-2588