Quincy Fire Protection District is committed to providing programs and services that are free from discrimination and harassment, and to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all individuals. Discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, language, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or any other protected status is strictly prohibited in the administration of our external-facing programs and services.
This policy is in accordance with the applicable legal authorities, including but not limited to:
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, 42 U.S.C. § 2000d et seq., which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, or national origin in programs and activities receiving federal financial assistance.
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, 20 U.S.C. § 1681 et seq., which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in education programs and activities receiving federal financial assistance
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability in programs and activities receiving federal financial assistance.
- The Age Discrimination Act of 1975, 42 U.S.C. § 6101 et seq., which prohibits discrimination on the basis of age in programs and activities receiving federal financial assistance.
- The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, 42 U.S.C. § 12101 et seq., which prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability in public accommodations and services operated by private entities
PROHIBITION AGAINST RETALIATION
Quincy Fire Protection District strictly prohibits retaliation against any individual who, in good faith, opposes discrimination, files a complaint, or participates in an investigation of alleged discrimination or harassment. Retaliation includes any adverse action taken against an individual for engaging in protected activity, and it is a violation of the policy.
Individuals who believe they have been subjected to retaliation in violation of this policy should report the matter promptly to Fire Chief Frank Carey who will promptly and thoroughly investigate the complaint in accordance with the District’s Discrimination Grievance Policy Procedure established.
Any employee or representative found to have engaged in retaliation will be subject to appropriate disciplinary action, up to and including termination or removal from the program or service
This policy applies to all Quincy Fire Protection District employees, contractors, volunteers, and participants in external-facing school outreach programs, training, and community service events. Quincy Fire Protection District will take prompt and effective action to address and remedy violations of this policy.
Quincy Fire Protection District
Reporting Contact Information:
Fire Chief Frank Carey
505 Lawrence St. Quincy, CA 95971
Quincy, CA 95971
Phone (530) 283-0870
Fax (530) 283-0897